EVO 8/9 Rear Toe Lock Install Guide
Congratulations and thank you for your purchase of the Wunderladen Racing rear toe locks for your Evo 8/9! This guide will cover all steps to install this product on your vehicle and hopefully answer any questions you may have. If you have any questions about the product or the installation process please contact us via email at email@example.com
NOTE! If you do not have aftermarket adjustable toe arms, it is NOT recommended to install these on your vehicle as the toe will no longer be able to be adjusted with the factory eccentric adjuster. A wheel alignment will be required after installation is complete.
By installing this Product, you understand that:
The buyer/user assumes all risk as to quality, performance and use of these products and agrees to hold Wunderladen Racing LLC and its representatives not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage; including any and all incidental or consequential damages arising from the sale, installation, or use of our products.
Many parts are intended for “OFF ROAD ” and “RACING” applications only. It is suggested that State and Federal emission regulation be checked, to see whether or not this product complies with those laws. Read through the instruction guide thoroughly, before attempting this install. Do not install any components while the engine is running or shortly after the car has been running. Give the car some time to cool down. Failure to install this product correctly, or failure to remove/reinstall existing components correctly, could result in poor running conditions, or even component and engine failure, which the sole user of this product is responsible for. The install instructions are intended to guide you on how to install this product properly. Only an experienced mechanic should perform this install. In addition, Wunderladen Racing LLC and its representatives reserve the right to modify and or discontinue parts without notice. If you the user/buyer of this product do not agree with the above, contact Wunderladen Racing LLC immediately, to discuss a possible return of our product for a full refund minus shipping costs, and other fees.
- Toe locks (4)
- Toe arm bolts (2)
- Nuts (2)
- Washers (4)
- 1/2 or 3/8 drive ratchet or breaker bar
- Torque wrench
- 17mm socket
- 19mm socket
- 17mm wrench
- 19mm wrench
- Car jack
- Jack stands
- Degreaser + towels
- OPTIONAL: soft faced hammer
1. Jack up car and place it securely on jack stands.
2. Remove factory inboard adjuster bolt and eccentric washers with 17mm socket and wrench.
3. Clean the surrounding area on the chassis with degreaser to remove any dirt that may have accumulated in the adjuster location. The lock pieces are a close fit and any excess dirt or corrosion may cause them to be a bit difficult to seat flat.
4. Install lock pieces into the adjuster rings on the chassis. The longest flat sides should face upwards as pictured below. If the lock cannot be seated flat inside the rings, then lightly tap them with a soft faced hammer to seat.
5. Install the provided toe arm bolt through the locks, chassis and toe arm. Install the provided nut onto the bolt and torque to 70ft-lbs with the 19mm socket and wrench.
6. Repeat steps 2 – 5 on the other side of the vehicle.
7. Lower the vehicle.