10th Gen Civic Front Tow Strap Mount Install Guide
Congratulations and thank you for your purchase of the Wunderladen Racing front tow strap mount for your 10th Generation Honda Civic! This guide will cover all steps to install this product on your vehicle and hopefully answer any questions you may have related to it. If you have any questions that this guide does not cover, please contact us via email at
- Strap mount
- (2) M10x1.25 bolts
- (2) Washers
- (2) Unthreaded spacers
- (1) Horn relocation bracket
- Plastic trim removal tool
- Ratchet/breaker bar
- Socket extension (total length of socket + extension needs to be at least 10”)
- 14mm socket
- 10mm socket
- 12mm wrench
- Towel or microfiber (optional)
Note: Steps 3-5 only pertain to driver side (left) installation.
- Remove the driver side plastic fog light bezel with a plastic trim removal tool. The bezel is retained with wedge clips along the perimeter where the arrows point, and one push clip which is circled.
- Remove the two lower crash bar bolts circled in red with the 14mm socket with extensions.
- If installing on the driver side the included horn relocation bracket will need to be installed. Remove the factory horn by unplugging the electrical connector and removing the anchored zip tie. Remove the 12mm headed bolt to remove the horn and factory horn bracket from the car.
- Remove the horn from the horn bracket by removing the 10mm nut.
- Install the horn to the horn bracket using the factory 10mm nut, install the horn and bracket to the factory location with the factory 12mm bolt and plug the horn connector back into the horn.
- Loosely assemble tow strap mount to install on the car. It should be ordered from back to front, unthreaded spacer (1), tow strap mount (2), washer (3), bolt (4).
- Install the assembled components by threading the bolts into the holes underneath the crash bar where the two factory bolts were removed. Torque both bolts to the factory torque spec: 44lb/ft
- Install tow strap onto the tow strap mount.
- If installing on the passenger side a pass through slotted hole will need to be cut in the bezel for the strap to pass through. For the facelift cars (2020-2021) only the area where the slot is in the bezel needs to be trimmed as shown. For the pre facelift cars a slot will need to be cut in approximately the same area for either side installation. For driver side facelift installation the strap will pass through the existing hole.
- Reinstall the fog light bezel.